Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crushed Oreo Cookies



When you write a food blog, people tend to talk to you about food--a lot. And obviously, I have a passion for researching new recipes, so I don't mind. Well, a few weeks ago at a friend's birthday party (a lady Gaga/Miley Cyrus themed birthday party, I should add), I was talking with my friend, Hannah (obligatory shout-out), about the one cookie recipe I was DYING to find--the Crushed Oreo Cookies sold at Wisemiller's in Georgetown a.k.a. the reason I gained the Freshman 15. That night, she got home and went on a google-mission and found this recipe for oreo cookies. As I read the recipe, I thought, "Could this be it???"

I am going to have to do an official side-by-side comparison at some point, but this comes pretty close to the real deal!

Thank you, Hannah!


Here is what you will need:



Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla.



Step 2: Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, and stir. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.



Step 3: Add crushed oreos and chocolate chips. (At what point does eating spoonfulls of batter stop counting as "taste-testing"?)



Step 4: Scoop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet (about 1 tablespoon). I sprinkled each cookie with crushed oreos (they looked like they needed a little extra oreo). Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.





The full list of ingredients:

2 sticks softened butter
12 Tablespoons sugar
12 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
16 broken pieces Oreo Cookies (I thought it could use a few more cookies, actually--maybe 19 or 20?)
2 Cups chocolate chips

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look so good, I feel like I must have one right now! they are putting my girl scout cookies to shame! thanks to your friend for finding this recipe, and thanks to you for sharing it! I'm making these for my boyfriend's next "snack day" at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these myself tonight and took your advice to add more oreos -- they turned out great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write! I appreciate the feedback.